Thursday, October 15, 2009

The daily life of an average college student...

OK, so I'm not really the average college student. I'm older than most of my classmates and I have more work experience. But one thing that we all seem to have in common is the need to tune out the world around us through headphones. Every person (or at least most of them) on campus from students to teachers walks around with headphones. These headphones can be the standard white in the ear things that come standard with an ipod or they can be elaborate concoctions that cover the whole ear. The one standard seems to be that everybody has them.

I have to admit that it is really nice to listen to tunes on those long walks across campus, when I really don't want to be thinking about class. I just want to veg. Plus if you have headphones on you can tune out some of the really weird people around you.

So when did an ipod become as essential to the college experience as textbooks? My new ipod will even connect to the Internet to download classroom materials like chemistry procedure videos and biology power point presentations. How did anybody go to school with out one of these cool little gadgets?

No comments:

Post a Comment